Hi,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:22 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  If you talk about consistency, you should remember that right now no
> > > function and no feature in PHP relies on strict checking of primitive
> types.
> > >

> > That is not the case (or I am very much mistaken). In particular,
> > is_int, which I mentioned in my email, is predicated on the IS_LONG
> > type only.
> >

>  Read that "no function except for a tiny handful of very special cases like
> is_* and serializes and probably one or two other functions that I forgot",
> ok?

is_* are the important functions, since they are the ones which most
resemble the type hints under discussion. Up until now, anyone
implementing this in user-land would use is_int(). It makes perfect
sense that type hints should mimic this behaviour. Not doing so would
be very inconsistent, and so confusing.

Paul

--
Paul Biggar