On 05.05.2008, at 20:51, Pierre Joye wrote:

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Dmitry Stogov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's just simple to make constructors work in the same way in namespaces and out of them. It would be difficult to explain why the first script prints
"ok" and the second doesn't.

It is easy to explain: "You have to use the __construct form for any
class used in Namespace".

We can then even drop the old form in php 6.x. Many changes have no
gain but make the language clearer or cleaner. It is not an objective
change but it does help to cleanup the language.

I will not die if we still support old things for the rest of the
php's life but...

Also keep in mind, while BC is nice and dandy, there are still new people learning PHP, if we never "cleanup" anything, then we will force all beginners to be exposed to all these variations indefinitely. This kind of stuff is quite easy to fix. Throw a deprecated warning in 5.3 and remove in PHP 6.x.

regards,
Lukas