Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

    a) copy our DLLS into PHP "extension_dir" folders,
    b) copy them to a windows PATHed folder,

If it's external use DLLs, b) is the right way to go. It is regardless of the extension - if multiple parts of the application use same DLL, and they may reside in different directories, PATH is only way I can think of that makes it work.

Its the only way to augment PHP.

I seriously doubt we are not going to change a 12 year design, operations and support policy of not requiring customers the need to use a PATH statement just to implement 3rd party solutions. It just not going to happen. PHP is not the central piece of the server framework.

If the current change to PHP53 is kept, which breaks PHP52, then we only have the choice of using a FQFN, which is fine, but that further means different versions of the PHP.INI setup.

So if you think the multi-path extension_dir= change isn't going to be accepted to PHP53, I might as well stop right here.

PS: I must say that I find it incredible that "breaking code" seems to be the modus operandi around here. I think the team should be more considerate of such issues and especially high-end corporate implementation needs if it wishes to be more friendly and cooperative as PHP moves on.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.