Positive actions ...

I've looked at the compiling on windows page
http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.building.php and it looks like I have the option to avoid M$ tools and build for windows using cygwin? Except that I seem to be on my own trying to do that? It refers me the unix install page but there is nothing about cygwin builds.

My current development framework on both Windows and Linux is Eclipse, and even my BuilderC++ code is managed through this, as well as all of my PHP, JS and every other file format.

In the past I have had no problems compiling my own builds of PHP on Linux, and I have the code tree of the bits I want to play with set up in Eclipse although I have not attempted to compile via that route.

Simple question - is anybody actually using Eclipse to manage their development work, and more important doing so to build windows binaries?

Failing that building PHP via cygwin on the command line in Windows?

I would rather not get involved with Visual C++ even if it is free to download now, I have enough trouble managing three configurations of Builder 5 and 6 C++ and last time I downloaded an M$ SDK update it trashed the Borland versions :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL