Pierre Joye wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Lester Caine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Elizabeth M Smith wrote:
Lester Caine wrote:
Just trying to work out why my footprint was bigger than I expected
running the windows 5.3.0-dev and I've got mysqlnd installed when I
don't need it. How do I get rid of it or am I going have to compile my
own builds in future?

It's on by default on windows, so you'll have to compile your own builds
if you don't want it - use the --without-mysqlnd flag on windows
Another reason not to switch to 5.3? :(

Come on. Mysql has been always been enabled by default.

*NO* Mysql was REMOVED as the default in 5.0.0 after lots of requests from those of us who don't want it loaded. There was a democratic decision to remove it.

Any particular reason why it's been changed - I can't see anything I need it
for.

It is the main library used by all mysql modules, it replaces libmysql.

And should only be load if MySQl is required ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL