Hi Chris,

If we make the timeout value adjustable, you can set it to a low value
so your slow tests are quickly aborted, and I can set it to a high
value so my tests are run.

It's easily enough done, it's just a separate issue.

I can easily put a workaround in the Windows version of select.c to make a 0-second timeout work, but that's as far as it goes. The problem in run-tests (if anyone's interested - Travis seems to have a better solution) is that the actual read is always only 8192 bytes, and the actual API call never times out because stream_select() is reset at every iteration and called afresh. We'd need to be able to set a timeout limit in the run-tests script rather than in the call to stream_select(). And if we do that the tests of course fail, which isn't a good outcome.

So 'skipif' suits my needs better, but not yours. I'll add both.

- Steph

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630