Hi!

So, I really would like to revert that foward_static_call stuff and
implement the parent:: patch instead, while it's still possible.

thoughts?

Didn't we discuss that already? Adding magic to parent:: is not a good
idea, it's very basic language construct and should work simple. LSB is
an advanced feature, which probably would be used deep inside library guts and thus can use more elaborate syntax.
On top of that, by making parent:: forward called class name, you remove
the possibility of doing non-forwarding call to the parent class.

As for it being slow - how slow it is? Does it really so slow that it
makes real-life application that otherwise would be fast to be slow? Or
it's just "couple more CPU cycles" slow? I suspect the latter - and thus
I don't think speed optimizations belong there.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]