I think given closures is in a pretty fully baked state (we had an
exemplary process) the main questions to ask are:
a) Assuming we are going through numerous beta and RC cycles for PHP
5.3, do we think that the time it would take for other features like
namespaces, garbage collector to be fully tested and stabilize would
allow for closures to stabilize too in that same time frame (i.e. would
not push out a final release date for PHP 5.3)?
b) Are the release managers willing to manage an additional major
feature as part of the release process?

I am not stating my opinion here because I could go either way although
ultimately my bias is not to postpone a feature freeze nor a final
release so it's really up to the release managers to decide on (1) and
(2).

Andi

HEAD