Hi Dan,

The fact that the class "bar" is not found indicates that your include in the autoload is either totally failing or gathering some other files. Make your life better by specifying the path in the include statement rather than relying on the include_path.
You totally missed the point. Please try the code first. I didn't write but I thought that it is obvious that the files are in the same directory.

Also, you would have known this on your own if you better utilized the error handler:
function error_handler($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline) {
    echo "survey says... $errstr <br />\n";
}
This is a SKELETON (use case) to present the error! Do you think somebody write to the internal list with a dummy error?

Best Regards,
Felhő