On 23.07.2008, at 18:13, Andi Gutmans wrote:

I think I missed the discussion on this topic.
Not that I am a big fan of ticks but I don't see a good enough to reason
to remove it at this point.
I am not aware of the crashes which were pointed out so maybe that's
something we can look into.

there was never a lengthy thread on this .. but all mentioning of the topic seemed to generate agreement that it should be removed and that there are indeed problematic areas, lots of bug reports and no proper way to fix them and no good use case to keep them.

now tony seems to say that there is a use case.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]