Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
I think we either need to make clearstatcache() not affect the realpath cache, or we should add an optional argument to it to specify whether or not the realpath cache should be cleared as well.

See this: http://bugs.php.net/39367

Considering some people seem to want to clear realpath cache as well, I'd make it an optional parameter which defaults to NOT clear realpath cache:

clearstatchache(true); /* BOOM! realpath cache gone.. */

btw. I just noticed chroot() calls this realpath_cache_clean()..intentional?
Also some streams stuff uses the php_clear_stat_cache() func but those should propably use the realpatch_cache_del() instead and not blow away whole cache?

Here is a patch to add that optional parameter (for PHP_5_3):

http://pecl.php.net/~jani/patches/clearstatcache_optional_param.patch

--Jani