Am 29.08.2008 um 13:11 schrieb Lukas Kahwe Smith:

On 13.08.2008, at 14:31, David Zülke wrote:

Am 08.08.2008 um 09:39 schrieb Dmitry Stogov:

Hi,

I took a quick look into the issue and I didn't found a problem.
SoapClient constructor already throws exceptions in case of WSDL errors.

<?php
try {
new SoapClient("non-existent");
} catch (Exception $e) {
echo "CATCHED: ".$e->getMessage()."\n";
}

Warning: SoapClient::SoapClient(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "non-existent" in Command line code on line 1 CATCHED: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'non- existent' : failed to load external entity "non-existent"

SoapServer does fatal errors, but it souldn't be a problem, because servers use their own WSDL files which may be fixed.

Thanks. Dmitry.

True, it indeed does since 5.3... but what about that warning; does it have to be raised at all? if the "exceptions" option is passed?

Maybe a general question (not sure if its in time to address this stuff for 5.3.0).

We are getting more and more extensions with an "exception mode". I guess PDO is the rolemodel here and in absence of a discussion about this it seems like we have accepted this sort of behavior. But what I wonder is if such "exception modes" should mean that if an exception is thrown for a specific issue, if this should then disable warnings/notices/errors that would be raised for the same issue.

Yes, it should IMO.

David