IIRC, there was some sort of OB rewrite done in HEAD..is this bug only present in PHP_5_3? If so, I'd say the OB rewrite should be done in PHP_5_3 already..

--Jani

Dmitry Stogov wrote:
Hi,

Attached is a proposed fix for http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45392 for
PHP_5_3. I don't know output buffering part very well, and I'm not
completely sure about this fix, so please review it.

The patch changes behavior of output buffering a bit. In case of fatal
error all output buffers opened by ob_start() with zero (or omitted)
chunk_size argument are discarded. The fix brakes two tests:

Test session_module_name() function : variation
[ext/session/tests/session_module_name_variation3.phpt]
Test session_set_save_handler() function : error functionality
[ext/session/tests/session_set_save_handler_error3.phpt]

We need to make a decision about #45392.

1) Fix it with proposed (or similar) patch

2) Make it bogus because any fix requires output buffering behavior change

Thanks. Dmitry.