Hi!

I think given the feedback from users, we really need to actually benchmark the performance slow down that Greg's proposed changes will bring. I also guess there are two types of users out there:

Could you summarize the feedback?

The slowdown is obvious - exhaustive autoloading search for each access to internal class. However, I'm not sure what benchmark you are seeking. I could produce benchmark that would provide you almost any slowdown number by manipulation include path length (longer include path is, bigger slowdown), class access pattern (more internal classes used, more slowdown) and application structure (less code, more relative slowdown from slowing the class resolution). What is the goal here - i.e., do you doubt that exhaustive autoloading search each time you use Exception in your code inside namespace would produce a slowdown?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]