Hi!

a use statement.  For those who aren't clear on what Stas is saying,
here is the better example:

<?php
namespace PEAR2::Pyrus::PackageFile::v2Iterator;
use namespace::File, namespace::FileAttribsFilter, namespace::FileContents;
?>

No, actually that's not what I meant. You can do this too, but I meant just use namespace::File. There's no law about using :: in the code, really. Just write namespace::File, it's both short and clear.

Now for the good news.  The reason it is so slow is that the autoload is
called for every single invocation of the class name.  With the patch at
http://pear.php.net/~greg/resolution_fix.patch.txt this performance is

What this patch does?

Now that the performance hit is minimal, can we agree to get along on
this proposed change Stas? ;)  It transforms the critical nature of the
problem to a truly minor performance hit on internal class usage without
use or ::.

Please read my response to your previous email, I have described there issues with your proposal and how to make it non-contradictory and what else needs to be done.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]