Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Hi,

So let me get this straight, you are complaining that all the new features and changes in the 5.3.0 alpha releases are not perfectly documented yet?

PLEASE re-read the original post.
If my comments and QUESTIONS are taken as complaints then OK. That is not what was intended. searching on 'namespace' was not giving me anything - I did not think to try 'namespaces' - goto has not got any notes yet? - I've not even looked at phar as it's not on the list I gave the link for so I assume it's still an optional PECL package ...

The 'complaint' that I have is that the changes being introduced DO seem to be bringing in problems which when corrected for 5.3 then cause other problems for previous versions of PHP. As an example, the bitweaver framework currently runs out of the box on PHP4 and PHP5. RUNNING it on PHP5.3 gives various warnings and errors that handling for 5.3 then messes up previous versions although WHEN migration is documented there may be options provided that solve those problems? ( And PEAR comes into this equation since potentially we may have to take care of pre and post 5.3 situations? ) Hanging fixes through the code with 'version selects' has not been necessary much up to now but 5.3 seems to be heading that way? We are currently working through the bitweaver 2.1 testing, on 5.2.6 and below so have not yet had time to do any more than checking the code runs on 5.3. The list of things to be looked at on 5.3 was growing so has had to be shelved until the next bitweaver release is out. One has to allocate time productively and BW is currently paying the mortgage for me!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL