Hannes Magnusson wrote:
I totally agree. Its really annoying needing to type $ all the time,
not to mention how hard it is on Norwegian keyboards. Lets replace it
with £ !

Like most programming languages PHP is optimized for American keyboard layout, deal with it!

Fx. I especially like the placement of the MySQL escape character ` on Nordic keyboards: press Alt-gr and |, release them and then press space.

> There is even a "patch" available:
> http://php.markmail.org/message/jsex75rowudeu2nr

Way to go, lets make a port of all major programming languages, to all keyboard layouts. ;-)

--
Best regards
Asbjørn Sloth Tønnesen