Hello Hannes,

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 14:54, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> That being said, there is some overlap in features with existing
>> functionality. Maybe if we schedule this for PHP 6, then we might want to
>> mark a few things as deprecated in PHP 5.3.

> Doesn't sound like a good idea.
> To be of "any use" pecl/http needs curl, I don't think "built-in"
> functions which do not require external things should be deprecated...

Exactly. Still we want http for its superior functionality.

And are we really that far with release? I had to interrupt the release
party but as far as I know, the number one addition still isn't finalized
yet. Even if no one cmplains about it anymore we still need some time for
adjustments.

Best regards,
 Marcus