On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 15:35 +0400, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:
> It can be disabled during beta-phase.
> Currently, we should focus on finding bugs and fixing those — that's
> what alpha is about. It's easier to do this, if phar is enabled.

Exact. That's my idea, too. By enabling by default we get more tests of
at least the basic functionality, maybe not functional tests but more
runs of make test and way more testing of fancy overwrites phar does.

Additionally a /working/ phar is an extremely helpful feature for many
people.

So, if the problems continue we have to disable it (or possibly even
drop it), if it stabilizes well we probably keep it enabled.

Same goes for other stuff newly enabled by default.

johannes