On 30.09.2008, at 05:36, Daniel Convissor wrote:

Hi Greg:

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 09:58:25PM -0500, Gregory Beaver wrote:

The second highest vote was :::, but there was strong objection to this
as well from some.

Sounds like you have the tally or know where it is (or you have an
excellent memory).  Do you have a URI for it, please?

I linked to one tally (not sure if its the final one) in my recent email:
http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=113313170231815&w=2

The problem, I still believe, is that we are focused
on having the same:::stupid:::operator:::between:::everything.
In truth, it will be a lot easier to debug code if this is a different separator, as the boundary between namespace and element will be crystal
clear.  For instance:
my::framework..someFunction()->aProperty->someMethod();

Good points. And thanks for the patch. (Perhaps we can harness the vast
amounts of energy inside Greg to resolve our oil dependence?)

Regardless of whether we use the same separator between
namespaces and the elements or if we just use a different separator
between namespaces and the elements, some separator needs to change.

This is a dangerous comment. Again to make it clear, with a single separator, whatever it may we, we will still have ambiguity. Only with two different separators as Greg describes can we really solve this problem. But yes, we I presume what you mean to say is that if we want to improve the situation we have to find a second separator.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]