On 02.10.2008, at 14:27, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

No, its for security or "critical" fixes only. I'd say that a crash inside a key area of the code is critical...

<snip>

Hmmh.. Does this mean that 5.2 is dead and all the unreleased 5.2 NEWS
entries should be moved to 5_3?

Just to give perspective:
PHP 5.3 alpha3 is expected for mid October.
Which means the beta phase will last until early November at best.
As a result there will only be a 5.3 release towards the end of November at the earliest. If we cannot hit a mid December release, I guess we should not release over Xmas, which would put us at an early January release of 5.3 in a worst case situation.

Given that, are we sure we do not want to push out a 5.2.7 release which contains some general bug fixes sometime in October/November?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]