Hi,

This bug #44872 puzzles me, I experienced it today running testcases with PHPUnit on command line, thus invoking PHP CLI. I'm working on a Ubuntu Hardy 8.0.4 server, using PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3 with
Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli).

The operation mssql_free_result() is terminated by Suhosin with the following message:

ALERT - canary mismatch on efree() - heap overflow detected (attacker
'REMOTE_ADDR not set', file 'TestMsSQL.php', line 16)

The bug report for this matter has status "No feedback". The bug was reported on 30 Apr 5:19pm UTC, and status was changed to "no feedback" on 10 May 1:00am UTC. However, after that some comments confirming this bug have been posted, including myself today.

Does anyone know where's the _source_ of this problem? Is it in the source code of PHP or in the Suhosin patch? I have not encountered this problem in a "pure" Slackware environment where the Suhosin patch is not used, so it seems like a Suhosin issue. It might as well be a bug in PHP that Suhosin catches...

Maybe someone should re-open this ticket?
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=44872

Greetings,
Krister Karlström, Helsinki, Finland

--
* Ing. Krister Karlström, Zend Certified Engineer         *
* Systemutvecklare, IT-Centralen                          *