> Isn't the ability to do that one of the biggest reasons for having
> namespaces? To avoid having to fill your class names with junk.
> The examples are namespaced appropriately, they tell the developer that
> it's
> a Helper for Arrays in the MyFramework framework. I shouldn't need to
> suffix
> the class name with 'Helper' to reconfirm that, just because the PHP
> engine
> doesn't like it.

"This thread really should be re-titled to "allow reserved words as a
classname or not". Then perhaps the only logical response to the question
would be so obvious that there would be no thread... oo-er..."

I think you might be deliberately missing Dan's point here: array is a
reserved word because it is not namespaced. If the PHP native function
array() was namespaced to PHPCore\array() then Dan could create a class or
function called array under his own namespace. This is exactly what
namespacing affords us.

array() is only a reserved word because it is not a directly accessable
native datatype. If array() was an object Array, this wouldn't be a problem.

This namespaces issues highlights the very fundamental issues with PHP, and
glib, childish responses like yours only serve to score points.

Grow up and join the conversation.

Ben Davies | Lead Developer | Stickyeyes
6th Floor,
West One,
Wellington Street,
Leeds, LS1 1BA
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
0113 391 2929 | <telephone> | Fax 0113 391 2939

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It must not be used by, or its contents
copied or disclosed to persons other than the intended recipient. Any
liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party acting,
or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is
excluded. The views expressed may not be official company policy, but
instead, the personal views of the originator. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete the e-mail.

> Isn't the ability to do that one of the biggest reasons for having
> namespaces? To avoid having to fill your class names with junk.
> The examples are namespaced appropriately, they tell the developer that
> it's
> a Helper for Arrays in the MyFramework framework. I shouldn't need to
> suffix
> the class name with 'Helper' to reconfirm that, just because the PHP
> engine
> doesn't like it.

This thread really should be re-titled to "allow reserved words as a
classname or not". Then perhaps the only logical response to the question
would be so obvious that there would be no thread... oo-er...

- Steph