Hi all, it's my first time posting in this mailing list.

I've been trying to make a PHP extension for my project, and would really like to use C++ instead of C to write the code. I've been searching for some tutoral or manual for some time already, but not so lucky fining anything useful for newbies like myself.

Yes, I've searched quite carefully on the search engine and the achive of this mailing list. End up finding a really old (posted in 2004) thread by someone signed as 'J', directing to a link sort of like http://tutorbuddy.com/software/phpcpp. I guess this might be what I need, but the article seems already out of date. I've found a translated version of this article, and made a testing extension following the instructions, however it didn't work.

The article was written for PHP 4.2.X, and the sample code is missing (the link is broken). I'm currently working with PHP 5.2.5. Is it because PHP 5.2.5 is really different with 4.X? Or the document was not properly translated?

Can someone be so kind to point me an URL of this original article?

Thank you all!