I will be re-branching 5.2.7 with this revert for the purpose of 5.2.8 this week. This will allow the normal 5.2 bug fixing to continue as normal.

On 6-Dec-08, at 3:35 PM, Scott MacVicar wrote:

Hey,

There have been several bug reports about magic_quotes_gpc being broken, at the moment in 5.2.7 the escaping is not performed even when enabled. So any applications that attempt to undo the work of magic_quotes_gpc will end up with problems.

I've backed out the bug that broke this #42718

Since this is a relative serious issue from a security stand point if people rely on it being enabled and a potential data loss for those trying to undo it, I'd like to see a release packaged asap.

If Ilia agrees then could fixes to the 5.2 branch be restricted to build fixes only.

Scott

Ilia Alshanetsky