On 08.12.2008, at 16:08, Pierre Joye wrote:

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Hannes Magnusson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 15:24, Pierre Joye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Ilia Alshanetsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Should the 5.3 release be re-branched perhaps as well, since it too has this
problem?

I do not think it is necessary for 5.3. It is an alpha release after
all and seriously, anyone who plans to move to 5.3.0 and still relies
on magic quotes gpc is likely to have more issues as well.

Time to turn it off by default then?

I would even like to drop it (and the other things as well) in 5.3.0 :)

the drop was planned for 6.0 for a reason.
i also do not think we need to make a 5.3 release just for this.
lets focus on getting feedback on namespaces and the other changes and have this fixed on beta1 early 2009.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]