2009/1/5 Lukas Kahwe Smith <m...@pooteeweet.org>:

> On 31.12.2008, at 11:11, Richard Quadling wrote:
>
>> With Microsoft having their own PHP extension for talking to MSSQL
>> (http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/PHP-Driver.aspx -
>> though documented to only support SQL 2005 and 2008, not 7 or 2000),
>> could this become the standard alternative for php_mssql.dll (though
>> not PDO as the MS extension is procedural only, leaving ODBC as the
>> route for older versions?
>

> I do not see us adding a new RDBMS specific extension that only works on one
> OS (that is not even our main target OS in practice for deployment) for an
> RDBMS that is also quite a niche solution for PHP. Actually the only RDBMS
> where I am willing to currently consider a new non PDO extension sqlite.
>
> As such I do not think we should consider bundling this extension, let alone
> have it replace the php_mssql.dll.

Even though it will most likely be the case that php_mssql.dll will
not be available for later versions of PHP/CRT/etc.

Or, are you saying that PHP support for MSSQL is via ODBC only (I
don't know if php_pdo_mssql uses ntwdblib.dll like php_mssql and as
such suffers in the same way).

--
-----
Richard Quadling