On 03.01.2009, at 21:44, Oskar Eisemuth wrote:

Hi

Receiving the table name for an column is quite useful.
It is not possible for all PDO database drivers to support this functionally, still at least the SQLite version could support it when Bug #42589 is resolved. ATTR_FETCH_TABLE_NAMES should be added to SQLite too.

Scott said he would look into committing the patch for SQLite.

PDO::FETCH_ASSOC_TREE
Using the column key to build a hierarchical tree structure by using the dot as delimiter for the keys.

Personally I am not such a fan of the bit-wise parameter approach. Then again it provides a lot of flexibility. That being said finding a good API for this particular feature is non trivial (maybe we can borrow from LINQ?). Of course having PHP do this work internally is more efficient than doing it in userland and I think its an often seen enough use case. So I guess file a feature request, ideally with a solid proposal for an API for this.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org