Hi all,

First up: Happy new year to all!

Over the "break" Johannes and I discussed how to proceed after alpha3. It seems that we do not have any huge things to fix/change and so we can safely go to beta1 as the next release. We have scheduled this release for the 4th week of January which would give us either the 20th or 22nd as a release date. We will decide on the exact date as we get closer.

The todo list has been updated accordingly:
http://wiki.php.net/todo/php53

As you can see several items have no names behind them. Actually I do not even know who proposed some of them. They kinda ended up on the todo list without enough details .. sorry about that. So I ask everyone to quickly inform of us about any issues they also feel need to be addressed or if they want to take on one of the listed items. Also if you have concerns about going to beta or the date or whatever else is relevant .. speak up now!

One of the big items on the todo list is turning the scratch pad into an actual upgrading guide. Would be great if someone could take the lead on this (and others helping out too of course).

Finally once again please be cautious about changes, we really need to focus on getting the current features out the door, rather than risk wasting time on minor changes that introduce regressions and other issues that delay the final release.

Thanks!

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org