Hi,

Given the on going discussions especially about Closures it seems pointless to move towards beta1 this week. Therefore we are delaying beta1 to Feb. 29th. This means we will be freezing for non build/ critical fixes next Monday. Packaging will be the following Wednesday.

In order to make this date, its imperative that the involved parties find a compromise by this Thursday and publish a summary on this day as well. The patch should follow ASAP, obviously no later than Monday next week. So please folks think in terms of getting 5.3 out the door and if necessary features should be moved out of 5.3 and worked on in HEAD.

I am also waiting on some word on the upgrading guide, Steph??? Maybe someone else can step up to help out here. Nathan should hopefully finally get the php.ini proposal to us. All other important issues seem to be under control and a few others have a few days to get in or not .. so it goes.

regards,
Johannes and Lukas