Hi Everybody,

It's almost that time again where we rush at the last minute to organise something for the Google Summer of Code, so in the interest of being prepared I'm thinking it's time to start collecting ideas for potential students. I've updated a few of the Wiki pages with some things relevant from the Mentor Summit I attended last year about the idea and applying process.

One of them is collecting ideas sooner rather than later and trying to make sure there as detailed as possible, including what the deliverables are of the project and any ideas of how it should be implemented. If you don't have a Wiki account feel free to email me with your ideas and I'll add it to the page on your behalf.

If we're accepted to the program this year, we can discuss the student selection process a bit more. But first lets get the ideas going.

Scott

ps.
How many people went "Hi Dr Nick"?