On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 14:19 -0600, Greg Beaver wrote:
> [RFC]
> Implement importing of functions to complement importing of classes and
> namespaces.

It was aid that import should only work with classes. We might extend
that but not for 5.3! The only engine feature to change are closures and
there we either get a compromise about the prototyping/OO stuff or
commit my patch to remove them for the time being.
http://schlueters.de/~johannes/php/5.3-remove-closure.diff.txt
(patch is missing the reflection part)

It's been a long time for 5.3 already ... let's try to make release
cycles shorter, not longer!

johannes