hi,

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Christian Seiler <chris...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> ok, I just verified that the current PHP 5.3 CVS has the same behaviour
> as PHP 5.3 alpha 3 (which is the original design). So basically, I'd
> suggest the following:
>
>  * Feature freeze as Lukas and Johannes had planned tomorrow with *no*
>   more changes wrt. closures for beta1, then release beta1.
>
>  * For post-beta1: Discuss which of the following options we want to
>   take:
>
>    a) My Closure::bind() compromise
>    b) Leave as is in order to add Closure::bind() later (5.3.1, 5.4,
>       6.0) when we've discussed all the details.
>    c) Drop $this/OOP support from closures for beta2 in order to be
>       able to discuss this properly for a later version.

If we know limitations, issues or design problems now and they can be
fixed in a relatively short delay (within a couple of weeks), then I
do not see why we should release 5.3.0 with them. We are in a test
phase and that means that we will have to change one thing or another,
even after beta1. That's what I meant in my previous posts.

so in short:

-1 for option b)
+1 to solve the issue for 5.3.0-final before beta1.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org