On 08.02.2009, at 15:36, Marcus Boerger wrote:

it should actually be a hard error. As we always claim PHP follows pure
IS-A relation ships.

Not sure we claimed PHP did anything pure ever. Or when we "claim" anything to begin with. Maybe we also claim that we are a glue language optimized for the web. I think that would imply that it would try to keep going unless the engine is in an unstable state. So if you ask me about what we should "claim" if anything .. is that we can notify a user if he breaks the "IS-A" relationship, but that we will not force a rewrite if you have coded yourself into a corner.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org