2009/2/10 Karsten Dambekalns <kars...@typo3.org>:
> Hi Eric.
>
> On 10.02.2009 3:27 Uhr, Eric Stewart wrote:
>>
>> A new RFC for PHP's proposed INI files have been added to the wiki. Below
>> is
>> a direct link to the page.
>> http://wiki.php.net/rfc/newinis
>
> I love the settings for production, but I think you reversed the meaning of
> allow_call_time_pass_reference - if it is allowed no warning will be issued.
> So, to make your intention of
>
>  ----
> ; Default Value: On  (Issue warnings)
> ; Development Value: On (Issue warnings)
> ; Production Value: Off (Suppress warnings)
>  ----
>
> work, you need to write that the other way around - 'Off' means 'issue
> warnings'... It is:
>  Development Value: Off (Issue warnings)
>  Production Value: On (Suppress warnings)
>

> In production session.bug_compat_42 is off, but according to the "summary"
> you want it to be on for development (so that warnings about it are shown, I
> assume). In the development php.ini the actual values for both settings are
> off, though.
>

> And I am not sure about register_argc_argv having different values in both
> files. I understand ot being off in production for speed reasons, but if it
> "just works" in development and "suddenly stops working" in production...
> But that's a minor issues.
>
> All in all like the proposed settings!
>
> Regards,
> Karsten
>
> --

Regarding ...
"; Section headers (e.g. [Foo]) are also silently ignored, even though
; they might mean something in the future."

This is no longer true. See http://docs.php.net/manual/en/ini.sections.php

I would suggest changing this to ...

"; Section headers (e.g. [Foo]) are also silently ignored, even though
; they might mean something in the future. The exception to this rule is
; section headers starting with [HOST= and [PATH=
; See : http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.sections.php";

Regards,

Richard Quadling.
--