----- Original Message -----
From: "Lukas Kahwe Smith"
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009

> Hi,
> [...]
> The following remain open and it does not seem someone is actively
> working in it:
> [...]
> - tokenizer misses last single-line comment

This is a pretty simple fix, AFAICT.  Besides the tokenizer thing, I believe
the Warning about unterminated /* ... comments is still missing because of
the same re2c issue(s).  I'd take care of both.

> Other issues recently raised on the list
> [...]
> - casting doubles to ints

I'll send a possible DVAL_TO_LVAL, etc. solution (consistent/reliable
overflow across platforms) for consideration as soon as I whip up and test
it...  There's also a couple other inconsistencies and behavior changes with
the existing code that I don't think have been mentioned.

On a related note, and concerning the int-operand bitwise operators (where I
first brought up the casting changes) and %, I'll have a possible update for
them on 32-bit systems, to hopefully mostly eliminate overflow issues with
them, regardless of DVAL_TO_LVAL method.  See also Bug #46579 (% integer
overflow - no error message).

Will also try to fix some other small Bugs...  Thought there was one I was
going to mention, but can't remember ATM.  #45184 (algorithm to limit random
numbers to a certain range is flawed) *seems* like it might be another I can
look at (assigned to Pierre), though I may be missing something.  Well, I'll
do what little bit I can besides what I mentioned here!

> Again, I will be offline 99% of the time starting this Saturday until
> March 5th.
> [...]
> regards,
> Lukas Kahwe Smith