On 11.03.2009, at 17:10, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Anyway, it's very good job and 20-30% speedup on some real-life
applications makes sense to include it into 5.3 (from my point of view).

Makes sense to me as well, especially since I don't see any drawbacks
for non-accelerated scripts.

I also think some of those applications that didn't show any gains could
be trivially modified to make use of it.  Moving from conditionally
loaded stuff to lazy-loaded is likely to speed things up. Depending of
course on how granular the conditional loading is.

Can we get this patch to release quality by this weekend?
So that people can test it on Monday/Tuesday ahead of RC1?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org