Hi Matt,

I don't see a lot of reason in this patch as the benefit is near invisible and readability becomes worse.

Also the patch can break third-party modules like APC and Zend extensions. Even it's not a big problem as they can be easily fixed, I'm against of changing of core components without real benefit.

Thanks. Dmitry.

Matt Wilmas wrote:
Hi Dmitry, all,

Just a quick one... ;^) Is there much, if any, advantage to removing the HashTable member nTableSize? It's just nTableMask + 1, so it can be derived easily in the couple places that need it... Figured it can't hurt to make things smaller, and it only adds a couple addition operations for resizing, basically. :-)

Patches if you want the change (or tell me to commit):
http://realplain.com/php/tablesize.diff
http://realplain.com/php/tablesize_5_3.diff

- Matt