Hi Brian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "shire"
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009

Matt Wilmas wrote:
Oh, other than that about the RC2 subject, I was also going to propose
some scanner changes like I mentioned to Brian on the 26th. Assuming it
works like in my head, it would basically be a big "diet" for the
scanner, making string/comment handling smaller and simpler, while
addressing the cause (for strings/comments at least) of Bug #46817
(tokenizer misses last single-line comment) which is wrongly marked
Closed and DONE on the wiki. Before RC1, Brian reverted his changes
that, I guess, had fixed it.

It is?  I just tested this again to be sure something wasn't missed and it
looks like it's working to me.  Which test case where you using?

Yep, 5.3's snapshot self-compiled from a couple days ago on Windows (not that that should matter). (I'm not regenerating it with re2c, which also shouldn't matter; using the existing .c file. I haven't touched the scanner stuff in a long time (yet) to regen.) Scanner of course hasn't changed since then.

Test case is the one in the bug report. :-) Last token is not the comment, but whitespace. No problem on 5.2.9. (From the scanner code, and current re2c behavior, I don't see why the behavior would be different than what I'm getting.)

Also, the unterminated comment Warning is still missing with "<?php /* blah " like it's been since the re2c change (except maybe for the time your fix was applied). My changes would clean this up of course, unless you do something first.

-shire

- Matt