On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 16:12 +0100, Paul Biggar wrote:
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> Thanks for looking at this.
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Arnaud Le Blanc <lbarn...@php.net> wrote:
> > Does the following patch works for you ? (use ./buildconf after
> > applying, then reconfigure). It does the same thing as yours, but moves
> > the decision of allowing "cli" extensions to SAPI's config.m4.
>
> I tested this on CVS 5.3 (with the configure command: ./configure
> --with-readline --enable-embed --enable-maintainer-zts
> --enable-debug). It applies cleanly, and I checked the readline
> symbols were present. I have also forwarded it to two of phc's users
> who reported the bug. I expect they'll be back to me within a day or
> two, if you prefer to wait for further confirmation.
>
> FWIW, I like the new patch better than my hack. However, I don't
> understand the how it works from the comment (that bit of acinclude is
> very shoddily documented in general).

The build system allows to build two SAPIs at a time: the CLI and a SAPI
of choice. Some extensions are irrelevant for webserver SAPIs, so they
mark themselves as CLI-only extensions. This allows one to enable these
extensions in the CLI without enabling them in the server SAPI. This
patch allows a SAPI to mark itself as allowing those extensions.

Regards,

Arnaud