On 12.05.2009, at 04:20, Matt Wilmas wrote:

Hi Lukas,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lukas Kahwe Smith"
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009

[...]
Critical issues:
1) I assume the issues with rounding are resolved. If any issues pop up again, please let the list know.

@Matt/Dmitry: Can you just give us the quick nod that all is well here?

No, can't say that all is well. :-/ Nothing was changed yet, sorry if you misunderstood. (BTW, it's not rounding/parsing, but conversion/casting of floats->integers... :-))

Doh. Would have been nice if someone could have alerted us about this ahead of RC2. So it goes.

I sent the updated patch a month ago, and then the next week Stas asked some questions off-list, for clarification, etc. and then said that the patch "looks good" and "since it appears to fix things I think it can be applied." That's the only feedback I had really, and Dmitry mentioned that it "breaks" about 30 tests (I'd consider them broken now, to match the code, however ;-)), which I knew would have to be updated. I didn't try to fix them yet, since I didn't know if the changes would finally be applied or not. I was going to bring it up again but then it was too close to RC2.

There were some e-mails on the subject that I didn't follow up on (nothing major, just comments), including one of yours I think. Anyway, I guess I/we can wonder about RC3 now? Again, the *very minor* modifications only help to ensure the [usual] long-standing behavior on all platforms -- e.g. most users would see no change from 5.2 or prior.

@Stas/Dmitry: ?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org