2009/5/26 Eddie Drapkin <oorza...@gmail.com>:
> Wheels were made to be reinvented!

I already have wheels but I'd like to have tires, it is much more
comfortable while driving fast :)

> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Olivier B. <php-dev.l...@daevel.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> why not use reporting thought syslog ? It's standard and "central
>> aggregation" is already available (thought TCP or databases).

Syslog is really neat, but it doesn't fit our needs. We'd like to have
functionalities mainly focused on advanced error handling and
providing in the future information like: which was the content of
$_POST and what was the PHP stack trace when request at URL u at time
t generated an E_ERROR in script s on line l in a corporate
environment or hosting company hosting hundreds or thousands of PHP
apps with a mix of custom made application and open source ones.

Replacing the callback function at application level isn't manageable
when you don't have the control of the applications, this is why we
started as an extension that could be plugged, transparently, to PHP.

Triggered error could then be forwarded using SNMP, mailing, syslog,
etc. with additional information.

--
Patrick Allaert
---