On 26-Jun-09, at 1:30 PM, Scott MacVicar wrote:

On 26 Jun 2009, at 16:26, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

Aloha,

So the last fix is just being prepared for a commit and so we will be tagging 5.3.0 soon.

We would like to up hold the commit freeze until 5.3.0 is announced next Tuesday.

This freeze that you guys have implemented is frustrating, just branch 5_3 into a release branch and Johannes can take selective fixes from 5_3 as needed.

+1

A long term freeze will simply mean that some bug fixes will be missed in the 5.3 release and we'd end up with a less stable version in the long term. I know it makes release cycle that much simpler, but lets make sure we don't stall the development.