Ionut G. Stan wrote:
On 7/2/2009 13:56, Hannes Magnusson wrote:
<?php
function throw_exception($errno, $errmsg) {
     if (strpos($errmsg, "Argument ") === 0) {
         throw new InvalidArgumentException($errmsg, $errno);
     }
     return false;
}
set_error_handler("throw_exception", E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR);

function foo(array $arr) {}
foo("string");
Actually, I'd use an exception class which extends from the builtin ErrorException class, but that's not the point. Anyway, probably Kalle Sommer Nielsen is right, and the way PHP already behaves in that regard should be kept. At least for now.

I think it should be E_WARNING with auto type juggling if bad data comes through. This way it behaves as normal PHP code does without special handling to mitigate a script failure. The log files will still alert you to the problem, and if you really want an exception handler then you still have that option.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com