At 21:38 07/07/2009, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
-1 on 5.3.  The window for adding new major features to 5.3 is obviously
long gone.  Not sure why you are even suggesting it.

+0 on parts of it for the next major release.  You still haven't
convinced me that strict type checking won't cause more problems than it
will solve, but I do see the benefits.

Agreed 100%:

-1 on 5.3. Such a major change simply does not belong in 5.3 as a last-minute addition.

+0 for revisiting for the next major release. Will change to +1 if we focus on conversion only - with slightly stricter semantics than the ones for internal functions, but with very much the same theme - as per my email.

Zeev