On 18.07.2009, at 01:01, Matteo Beccati wrote:

Greg Beaver ha scritto:
Matteo Beccati wrote:
Not really: it will copy the link, not its content. At least that was my
experience when I managing releases for an internal project using
externals. What I usually did was to change the externals property to
point to a specific revision, e.g.

Property svn:externals set to
foo -r33165 https://svn.example.com/bar

Depending on the process it can either be done in the branch before
tagging or on the tag itself.

As a result exporting a tag will consistently retrieve the same version
of the external resource even years after packaging.

This sounds easy to forget - is it possible to script this?

Not sure how packaging currently works, but I'm pretty sure it is
possible to extend whatever we currently have to create an svn tag and
do the required changes before exporting for packaging.

If needed I can help with it once the whole process is defined.

err .. of course you need to either point to a specific revision .. or better yet to a tag.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org