On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, dreamcat four wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Stanislav Malyshev<s...@zend.com> wrote:
> > Exactly. That's why I don't have a problem of it being a separate SAPI - we
> > have about 20, what harm could one more do? :) It's much safer this way. And
> > if we discover merging into sapi/cgi really makes sense - at least we'd have
> > code that already works with php, plays by php rules, etc. so it'd be much
> > easier and safer.
>
> From outside this also seems like the correct route to take. A much
> better place from which to re-work any common codes.
>
> In regards to libevent library, it's probably enough discussions for
> now as we all seem in agreement. We shall see about getting libevent
> moved out from the fpm-0.6.4 sources and changed over to a libtool
> dependancy. I guess it can't be particularly very much work to solve.

I would actually suggest to make a branch in the PHP SVN so that you can
make the modifications in there and make things work. From there on we
could then merge it into PHP proper. The PHP configure and build things
make quite a few assumptions and I think you'll run into some issues at
some point. It'll also allow us to peek and offer some assistence while
things are being worked on.

regards,
Derick

--