Jani Taskinen wrote:
On 09/10/2009 04:46 PM, Tony Marston wrote:
You are missing the point. I'm not trying to set the encoding for any HTML
output as that is handled differently. What I am concerned about is the
func_overload option which, ever since PHP 4.2.0, we have been able to turn
on or off using an htaccess directive on a PERDIR basis. Although neither
the documentation nor the release notes have been changed the PERDIR option has disappeared and it is now set either on or off for the entire system and
cannot be modified with any htaccess or ini_set directive.

So if func_overload is turned on, how do I turn it off? If it is turned off
how do I turn it on?

Considering that phpMyAdmin does not like it to be turned on, this is not a
trivial point.

Simply doing a search in the bug system would have revealed the current status of this:

  http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49189&edit=1

The documentation team just hasn't got around changing the docs yet and adding a note about it there. Feel free to provide a patch or forever be silent.

--Jani

No need, fixed in the doc svn.

Torben