Scott MacVicar wrote:
On 1 Nov 2009, at 21:09, Mark Skilbeck <markskilb...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

There is no symbol table as there are no variables. You should check if it's NULL before using zend_hash_exists.

Scott

Hi, Scott. I'm having trouble - I added the check to see if the symbol table i available, yet it returns false even if I have added variables within the function:

[code]
PHP_FUNCTION(sample_var_a_exists)
{
        if (!EG(active_symbol_table) ||
                        !zend_hash_exists(EG(active_symbol_table), "a",
sizeof("a"))) {
                RETURN_BOOL(0);
        }
        RETURN_BOOL(1);
}
[/code]

[code]
$a = '';
var_dump(sample_var_a_exists());

function x() {
        $a = ''; // Add a symbol to the hash table.
        var_dump(sample_var_a_exists()); // Shows bool(false)
}

x();
[/code]