Hi Melfar, from my point of view I am totally to make this a legal
call like in python or ruby java,
as I liked compact code I liked to avoid temp vars especially on a
read-only call, but it might require some effort there and the final
patch might be not so simple, anyway this is a community call, what I
can say about this kind of missing feature "sometimes, I can hear in
my office" : "PHP is a retarded language, PHP sucks or worst", my
point there, that is sometimes good to listen to people who are not
"passionate" by the language but just using it to do their job and be
paid.

Cheers!